Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

general windos 7 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyrax747

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I am using windows 7 64bit.Suddenly my c drive is shown with no space,later i found that app data itself is consuming 30GB,what is the reason for this sudden problem.Please help me fix this issue.

As application folder containing all the folder i.e. roaming and as well as local folder and contains all the information about application .
if your Application consuming too much space on your hard drive, then it may be due to files related to certain application installed on the computer which you may not know about.
Check which folder is consuming space.

A runaway process can consume enormous ram, and then start to grab hd space as virtual memory.

Call up Task Manager (ctrl-alt-delete). Look at the list of processes and applications. See if one occupies too much memory. See if any programs appear as though they do not belong. One could be a virus or malware.

Some processes have odd names. If I do not recognize a name, I sometimes look it up via internet search.

There is a button saying 'End process'. This stops the process. It should also free the memory. Be careful because some processes are needed so the computer can run. If you make a mistake then you may need to restart.

A similar utility is Sysinternals Process Explorer. It displays a larger list of information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back