Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microstrip patch antenna not converging

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antros48

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,
Building a microstrip patch antenna on HFSS. I used a wave port and de-embedded it to start on the beginning of the inset feed of the transmission line. During the solution, the convergence is not happening even though i have 30 passes with DS = 0.01. The results are very big like 5.7e+86 etc.. Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance

are you sure you defined radiation and pec boundaries?

Thanks for the reply. I believe i did. Should i upload the schematic for confirm?

please try this, your waveport is too small. There is minimum dimension you should apply. wave_port_dimensions.png

So here applies the rule for 10x the dimensions? I thought that it shouldn't.. Thanks i will give it a try.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw have you tried analyzing it for lets say 10*W and 10*h?? Because when i do, the results are kind of strange and i don't recall making any other mistake. At first the DS is small and then while it gets smaller, suddenly it goes up again and down. I have it running for 30 passes and still not converging..

Dear
I simulated this design last night and it was successful. It has two resonances at 2 point something and at 4 point something. If you have a problem that would be from the license i guess.

Thanks again for the reply. It seems that my software has some kind of problem which i am not able to understand. Could it be easy for you to run another file simulation of another schematic i have just to make sure that this is the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back