Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Absolute theoretical maximum output power of a PA stage

Status
Not open for further replies.

megaknaller

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys,

I'm designing a PA stage and would like to know how to determine what is the absolute theoretical maximum output power that I can get from the transistor into my load?

Basic_PA.jpg

The transistor is part a submicron SiGe technology with a defined BV, ft, fmax and optimum current density. At first glance it depends of the maximum possible VCE across the transistor as well as the maximum current (I_max) that the transistor can hold, but this approach overlooks the operating frequency I guess, i.e. the transistor will not deliver the same output power at 10 GHz than at some frequency near its ft/fmax if I am correct?

Could someone provide maybe some insight into how to determine this? Some useful books/articles/references with some basic analysis would be really useful to me.

Many thanks in advance,

MK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back