Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

dimmer circuit question

Status
Not open for further replies.

aliyesami

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am using LDD700H as dimmer for the LEDs , i just want to confirm if what i am doing is right. I will be connecting the Vin negative (i.e negative 50v pin) to the micro GND and
I will not be connecting Vout GND to the micro GND.
is it ok ?

https://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/view/424110/MEANWELL/LDD-700H.html

LDD700H-CIRCUIT.jpg

Hi,

I assume you need to connect both GNDs.

A single wire (PWM) is not enough to give a signal form one point to the other. You need a common signal (GND) where both ICs refer to.

Klaus

Added:
I just reviewed the datasheet. (Not very descriptive. No wonder you are worried)
--> Connect micro_GND to -Vin of the LED driver.

Hi,

I assume you need to connect both GNDs.

A single wire (PWM) is not enough to give a signal form one point to the other. You need a common signal (GND) where both ICs refer to.

Klaus

Added:
I just reviewed the datasheet. (Not very descriptive. No wonder you are worried)
--> Connect micro_GND to -Vin of the LED driver.

hi Klaus
but the datasheet clearly is saying do not connect Vin to Vout ?
also what you mean by "both ICs" ? i have only one IC thats a microcontoller.

Hi,

but the datasheet clearly is saying do not connect Vin to Vout ?
Yes. I did not say to connect Vin to Vout, too

-> Connect micro_GND to -Vin of the LED driver.

also what you mean by "both ICs" ? i have only one IC thats a microcontoller.
With "both ICs" i meant "both devices": The microcontroller and the LED driver. Both need to refer to the same GND.

Klaus

oh sorry i misread your statement.
I have the LDD mounted on a seperate board with its own power supply and micro mounted on a seprate board with its own power supply. so connecting ground means just running one wire from the micro board to the LDD board?

Status
Not open for further replies.