Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to output design internal signal directly to FPGA IO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pandayeah

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I don't want to change RTL code more and want to add some constraint to output design internal signal to FPGA IO.
Who can give me some guideline?
I remember xillinx device can support such feature with constraint.

thanks.
Pandayeah

Sorry your question isn't very clear to me!
Do you want to connect an input, output or io port of your design to the available FPGA pins?

First and foremost, did you read the Xilinx Constraints Guide or the Vivado Design Suite User Guide - I/O and Clock Planning?

ISE FPGA Editor has a probe feature that allows you to open a placed and routed design and designate that a net in the design is routed to a pin.

Vivado allows you to take a synthesized design and designate pins a debug probes, which can be connected to an ILA/VIO. The ILA/VIO and control are inserted when you place and route the design. I don't recall seeing anything about routing an internal net to a pin, without adding it to the HDL code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back