Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] FPGA Spartan 6 XC6SLX9 Configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuhiub90

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Guys,

How to download bitstream configuration file into FPGA board using Xilinx Spartan6 XC6SLX9 chip through USB 2.0 cable. I've searched for several days but the results were messing. Can you guys sum up and explain the way for me.

Thanks

What board are you using?

Did you get any user manual or hardware schematics with the board?
If you did - do post it

These don't really help.
You have to find the user manual for this board or at least the hardware schematics.

No.
There're no FPGAs that support "out of the box" USB configuration.
I do know however that Digilent uses (on some of their boards) an 8 bit microcontroller with a USB peripheral that serves as a USB to JTAG converter to program a Xilinx FPGA.

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I think you need a "platform cable" (USB to JTAG). On many pictures of the AX309 there is also a platform cable.

V

I think you need a "platform cable" (USB to JTAG). On many pictures of the AX309 there is also a platform cable.
yuhiub90,
the "plattform cable" std_match mentioned is the boxed shaped device.
It receives USB signals on one end and outputs JTAG signals on the other. This way no USB connector (and no USB logic) is required on the development board.

Reactions: yuhiub90

V

yuhiub90

Try this link:
**broken link removed**

Perhaps it has the required documents for your board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back