Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Discrete quadrature oscillator possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

neazoi

Advanced Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Last edited:

Probably 90°, very roughly. I predict that the circuit will generate neither exact phase shifts nor symmetrical waveforms, in so far it may be partly or completely unsuitable for your quadrature oscillator application. It's funny how these sites claim circuit properties without even telling component values.

Instead of expecting others to answer your questions, you would want to evaluate the circuit behavior with a simulator.

Probably 90°, very roughly. I predict that the circuit will generate neither exact phase shifts nor symmetrical waveforms, in so far it may be partly or completely unsuitable for your quadrature oscillator application. It's funny how these sites claim circuit properties without even telling component values.

Instead of expecting others to answer your questions, you would want to evaluate the circuit behavior with a simulator.

It phase difference is not within 1 degree or so exact and if amplitudes are not exactly equal, this is of no use in quadrature circuits.
I will try to simulate it in ltspice.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok I did a simulation on ltspice, I hope I got it right.
The value of R and C is arbitrary
I got the next results.
Any suggestion about more optimal values is appreciated.

I am not sure about the degrees accuracy too, how can I measure them and how values affect theese.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    41.6 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back