Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power Conversion Efficiency Calculation of UHF RFID Rectifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

winfangwill

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

I'm trying to simulate the Power Conversion Efficiency of UHF RFID Rectifier, over a range of input powers, in Cadence (such as the one illustrated in the attached paper).

So, basically, the EM energy is picked up by an antenna, then the energy is fed into the rectifier. To model the antenna, I can either use an ideal voltage source or a port element in Cadence.

If I use the ideal voltage source, I can't sweep the input power, I can only sweep the input voltage amplitude. The input power can be computed by integrate(Vin*Iin)/t, (t covers a large number of cycles of the input). The computation has to be done over the region after the rectifier's output is settled.

If I use the port element in Cadence, then I can sweep the input power. However, the port element has finite output impedance that has to be specified (you cannot set this value to 0). As such, the finite output impedance of the port element will cause the modelled antenna to mismatch with the input of the rectifier.

So, for my purpose, shall I use the port element or the ideal voltage source?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Menghan

So attach a source and a proper impedance / energy
transfer matching & modeling network, sweep the amplitude
and -record- the input (@where?) and output power
waveform, and plot or do the math as you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back