Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need a head start

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanved77

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'll start off by saying that I am a computer programmer, I have excellent skills in algorithm development, web development and smartphone app development, however I am not good at electronics.
Had a few subjects on this in my college and I have studied the basics. The basics would be using the logic gates and making small projects like a sequence generator or a counter. That too on a Digital Trainer Kit.
So what I want to do is, start with a simple breadboard, a microcontroller like 8051 which is easy to use and then program something rather simple like a counter.
And for this, I was looking for a simple yet descriptive tutorial guiding me throughout the process and explaining what happens at every point.
I request you guys to link me to such a tutorial if you have seen any. Or you can link me to something equally simple and easy for a starter.

Hi sanved77,

What is your main objective for this project?

You might consider a more 'modern' processor than the 8051, for example one of the Atmel or Microchip development kits. The 8051 has lots of newer variants but the core processor is about 30 years old. Newer devices are easier to use and need less hardware support. Google for 'PIC Projects" for ideas.

Brian.

I fully agree to Brian's oppinon. The Microchip 16F familly has a very simple set of instructions, being even easiest to learn if compared to the CISC 51's core, and additionally has a compreensive documentation, ideal for beginners taste how uCs works in deep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back