Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

windows explorer stopped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tapu

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,
When I start my PC then it shows message "windows explorer.exe encounter problem......." & did'nt show any icon & bottom tool bar.i use windows xp.my antivirus is outdated since 6 months.how to fix this problem now.please reply.

Last edited:

Try starting in Safe mode. (Press F5 once a second during startup, until a list of options comes up, then choose Safe Mode.) See if your bottom task bar appears. (You may not have higher functions such as audio and video.)

Also, try Microsoft Security Essentials (free to download and use). It scans your machine for malware.

Maybe Ctrl + Arrow + Esc, when (/if) Task Manager opens click on "file", then "new task", then type explorer.exe, then "return" key. If it still doesn't start maybe repairing the XP installation (if you have the disk) could help, but do read up on what repair will do.
Or, you could try "Restore System", and select a restoration date when it was working properly.

There is no reason to be running with anti-virus that is out of date when there are various packages like AVG, Avira, Avast, etc that can be downloaded and used for free.

Now a better way to browse the web and not care if your machine gets compromised is to only browse using a Virtual machine. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.