Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using De2-115 board to run a project developed on a different board?

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbie99

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to run different open source projects/games on my DE2-115 Altera board, however, these projects are usually developed on different boards like: Xilinx Spartan 3, DE0, DE1, ...etc.

My question is, what are generally the things I need to change in such projects in order to make them successfully run on my board?

The first thing I usually do is to change board type and import my board's pin assignment file. But still the projects compile successfully but don't give the expected functionality. I'm using Quartus II design software.

Many thanks!

In case of Xilinx dedicated designs, there may be incompatibility problems related to vendor specific IP and low-level primitives. Altera designs should be easily portable, probably you didn't fully understand the function of the connected IO or expected external clocks.

In such cases, a good practice is to subdivide the whole design into different layers at the programing level and split the hardware logic into functional modules as much as possible, so that a migration to another vendor platform could be easiest accomplished from scratch through the template of some wizard tool at the IDE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back