Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

regarding background process updating on internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyrax747

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

after desktop screen,my laptop uses full speed of internet connection for updating some process,I want to know the background process which are updating automatically.Please let me know.

* First off, we can never be sure what the OS is sending back to Microsoft.

* You can set Windows so it checks at Microsoft for OS updates. (If you set it to 'automatic' then it interrupts your work at inconvenient times.)

* Do you have antivirus software? It may be set to visit the home website and download the most recent database. (Example, Microsoft Security Essentials.)

* Adobe is one brand whose programs check the home site for updated versions. (Be aware there has been trouble with a virus family which pretends to be an Adobe updater.)

If you want to examine processes, then the Task Manager may help, or Sysinternals Process Explorer.

However I have never found out what is the reason for hard disk activity that goes on several minutes, and creates jerky pauses in my video viewing. That seems to be hidden under some general process.

I can usually diagnose and fix any PC problem but you need to generate some logs and it takes time.

Can you send the msi file from msinfo32.exe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back