Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[moved] Supervisory circuit for DSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

amit.kumar11

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All,

I am using a external supervisory circuit for DSP which has a VDD(3.3) and DSP core voltage(1.3) monitoring. Also it has an watchdog input, which needs to be toggle at particular time interval and is connected from DSP GPIO. RESET pin of supervisory is connected to DSP RESET pin and I have a jumper in this line. Currently, I have to remove jumper whenever I need to flash the DSP, because in case of flashing DSP WDI will be stopped at the time of flashing and DSP will be in reset state if jumper is not removed. This scheme is good in lab testing but in production point of view it involved a manual interruption.

Please suggest some mechanism, so that whenever I connect JTAG, this reset pulse should not reach DSP and once flashing is done it should work normally.

Amit

Re: Supervisory circuit for DSP

Hi,

usually the DSP manufacturer gives informations in their datasheets.
Also have a look at related application notes or reference designs.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.