Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Compile Altera Library Files in Questa Through Transcript Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eligineer

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi:)
I am new to FPGA's. (I just graduated and am a little lost)
Would be great if someone could give me a boost.
I am trying to compile Altera library files for a Stratix transciever IP in transcript section of Questa simulator and i received the following error when running the following command:

The CMD that I ran:
Code:
vcom     "$QUARTUS_INSTALL_DIR/eda/sim_lib/stratixv_atoms.vhd"                        -work work

The error I received:
"# -- Compiling entity stratixv_dffe
# ** Error: C:/altera/14.0/quartus/eda/sim_lib/stratixv_atoms.vhd(1100): Can't recompile existing protected design unit "stratixv_dffe" as unprotected."
I checked and saw that "stratixv_dffe" was already compiled prior to the file "stratixv_atoms.vhd" (there is a whole folder in path altera\14.0\modelsim_ae\altera\vhdl\stratixv\stratixv_dffe with .dat,.dbs,.psm and .prw files which i believed is accessed through a using command somewhere in a prior file compile) and that "stratixv_atoms.vhd" has a module that called "stratixv_dffe" inside of it. It seems to me that the module is the "unprotected design unit" that cant be added.
If this is so, why did Altera write it in the first place? Secondly, I tried commenting the module that is being claimed to problematic, and this did not solve the issue....What SHOULD I do?
Thank you so much in advance!

Hi:)
I am new to FPGA's. (I just graduated and am a little lost)
Would be great if someone could give me a boost.
I am trying to compile Altera library files for a Stratix transciever IP in transcript section of Questa simulator and i received the following error when running the following command:

The CMD that I ran:
Code:
vcom     "$QUARTUS_INSTALL_DIR/eda/sim_lib/stratixv_atoms.vhd"                        -work work

The error I received:

I checked and saw that "stratixv_dffe" was already compiled prior to the file "stratixv_atoms.vhd" (there is a whole folder in path altera\14.0\modelsim_ae\altera\vhdl\stratixv\stratixv_dffe with .dat,.dbs,.psm and .prw files which i believed is accessed through a using command somewhere in a prior file compile) and that "stratixv_atoms.vhd" has a module that called "stratixv_dffe" inside of it. It seems to me that the module is the "unprotected design unit" that cant be added.
If this is so, why did Altera write it in the first place? Secondly, I tried commenting the module that is being claimed to problematic, and this did not solve the issue....What SHOULD I do?
Thank you so much in advance!

i think u are spposed to compile this to stratixv lib and not to work lib.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back