Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which FPGA chip serie is more suitable for LCD and BLU driving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alper özel

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am assigned to design an LCD driver and a BLU driver both. And this task will probably require FPGA developing. However, although I am good at embedded C and microcontrollers, I have no experience in FPGA programming. So I will both develop the project and learn at the same time here. So I need advice to start.

I will use xilinx and verilog as HDL thats for sure. But I do not know which FPGA chip/development kit is better for the purpose.

Firstly, I need to order an evaluaiton board and also E&D board from digikey.

I could not decide so I want your help. Which FPGA serie of Xilinx is better option for LCD and BLU driving, so development board?

Thanks.

What LCD are you trying to control?
Do you have a datasheet?
What is BLU?

Need more information to make a wise decision...
Assuming your embedded C backround - perhaps it'd be a good idea to implement a soft processor on your FPGA (Microblaze for Xilinx).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back