Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS integration line problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

1sand0s

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,
i recently started with hfss and needed to add a wave port however while defining the integration line for the wave port to the face parallel to yz plane , the distance along x-axis is showing zero , this causes the wave to oscillate about a point rather than travel along a line

Thanks Again

It seems you want to feed a simple wave-guide. If so, why do you define an integration line? HFSS considers wave-port as an infinite wave-guide which automatically feed correctly, I mean with correct polarization and the dominant mode. In lump port definition you have to define an integration line.

I see in your message log that you performed a geometry modification on your boundary. If this modification touches the integration line it is removed and needs to be reassigned after the modification. I'm not sure if this will solve your problem but at least it will solve the message in the log.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back