Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to get Started with IoT??

Status
Not open for further replies.

xpress_embedo

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Everyone!
I want to learn about IoT, i do have Arduino Uno, Mega and Ethernet Shield with me, and i also have Raspberry Pi Model B with me.
Can anyone suggest me a good book or website from where i can start learning about IoT.

Please also tell is it worth-it to learn and practice IoT, will it help me in getting good jobs.
Currently i do micro-controllers programming, and just have knowledge of C Language.

Currently i do micro-controllers programming, and just have knowledge of C Language.

That's a good start.
I think it'll also be a good idea to get yourself familiar with lightweight RTOS such as Posix.
Also, learn about the basic communication protocols: I2C, SPI, UART, etc...
It's also a good idea to learn higher level communication protocols specificly intended for M2M communication - for example: DDS

That's a good start.
I think it'll also be a good idea to get yourself familiar with lightweight RTOS such as Posix.
Also, learn about the basic communication protocols: I2C, SPI, UART, etc...
It's also a good idea to learn higher level communication protocols specificly intended for M2M communication - for example: DDS

Thanks for your suggestion.
I had basic experience on Free RTOS, plus had worked on UART, SPI, I2C and some other protocols as well.

Okay i will take a look of the mentioned protocols.
But What about IoT??
No information on that..
Anyone Please.

IoT is creating increased traffic on the internet, and it's bound to increase exposure to hackers and malware. It will help if you can find a better way to prevent these from getting into people's computers. It's not so bad if malware were to make my ceiling fan turn on at odd times, but it's another thing if the fan starts talking to my Windows machine and gives it a virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.