Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is minimum input voltage which LM741 op-amp can amplify when used as amplifier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Munib

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
what is minimum input voltage which LM741 op-amp can amplify when used as an amplifier

I tried to find this in datasheet but there is maximum value but not the minimum.May be its given in the form of some other parameter or i am unable to understand so plz help.

actually my pressure sensor MPXM2202AS can give me output proportional to input pressure in the range of 0 mV to 20 mV.This a differential output voltage.I want to use LM741 to amplify this output.

Any suggestion or consideration to be taken care of for this amplification

lm741 op amp circuits

It should be (Supply Voltage)/Gain.

lm741 operational amplifier

There is no such a thing like "minimum input voltage". Opamps are linear devices and will amplify any input voltage.
However, because of temperature drifts, bla, bla ,bla .. with opamps like 741 one should avoid using them with voltages below "certain" level. I wouldn't use 741 for amplifying signals below,say, 1mV. Try to employ more contemporary common opamp and (LM)358 (bipolar) wouldn't be wrong choice as it can operate of single supply starting from 0V at the input..
Other option would be CA3140(FET), also working very well with single supply and behaving good at 0V input..

lm741 calculation

"IanP" gave correct answer.
I can only add that you should define your needs and on this basis you can determind if 741 is good to your application.
Example:
You want to have the signal to noise ratio (for the AC component) above 40 dB ,
equivalent voltage noise at amplifier input is 1 uV (this voltage is generated by the silicon).
You can "easily" calculate, that you signal shod be at least 100uV..
I put "easy " in quotation mark, because in your calculation you should include source resistance , OP voltage noise and OP current noise, frequency range....and few other parameters that did not came to my mind at the moment.

The same is in case of DC offset, thermal stability, common mode rejection and so on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back