Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cost Effective Banana Jack Solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

SparkingDog

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to come up with a low cost - and no tooling solution to adding a vertical banana jack to my PCB. No tooling because I'm starting with a small batch. But I hope to ramp up; so, it should be scalable too. I might find a dedicated connector that works but that would greatly constrain the height of my enclosure and if the connector is later not available I would be screwed.

Any solutions need to be round with 4mm+0.15/-0.05 ID and <=6mm OD. The OD limit allows the guard of a "safety" plug to go over it. The ID tolerances are a rough estimate.

The ideal solution would be a nickel plated, round brass spacer attached with a thread rolling screw. But I haven't found any off-the-shelf solutions with the correct inner diameter. How much would a custom spacer cost? ...with what minimum quantity?

Another solution might be a brass tube cut to length. These tubes seem to be readily available in the correct dimensions. But is bare brass a good choice? What about corrosion? Is nickel plating a viable option for my low budget, low quantity needs?

Any relevant thoughts on this would be appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back