Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Design Compiler To RTL Compiler scripts conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

mangalji

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Is there any way to use Synopsys DC commands and DC scripts in Cadence RTL Compiler ? Any utility that performs literal transition of DC scripts into RC scripts, will be helpful.

I doubt if such a things exists (to be given away for free). Please enlighten us here if you stumble across such a tool/utility.
I am afraid you might have to write it manually for Cadence RTL Compiler.

I had a similar issue in the near past when I was synth a design for FPGA. I had a synth TCL script ready to be used in Synposys Synplify. But for some reason I didn't have the Synplify tool at my disposal. Instead I had Mentor Precision Synthesis tool. So I had to create a new script that could use Precision and would do the exact things the Synplify script was doing.
It wasn't a very easy task and at the same time wasn't too complicated. I was juggling through the command_reference_manuals of both tools and adapting the Synplify commands for Precision. All it takes is a thorough understanding of the available commands for one tool and then finding out a similar command in the other tool.
All the best! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back