Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microblaze integration problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

efontesp

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone, I'm new in this forum and I want to know if is possible integrate in the same FPGA an embedded system (based on Microblaze) and an independent hardware module, i.e. a DCM [Digital Clock Manager].

Supose I have an external system that requires a clock reference of 50 MHz and I want to use one of the DCMs included in the FPGA (Spartan 3E). Also I want to use a microblaze processor with other peripherals to control this external system.

Is there any way to do that ?

Thanks in advance, efontesp.

Two ways in ISE, you can create a new IP block for inclusion in the Microblaze system, or embed the Microblaze system in another top level file with your logic.

I recommend that you make the Microblaze system as a component to be included in a "normal" FPGA project. Then you will also have the knowledge to make FPGA designs without Microblaze.
It might be easier for a beginner to let the Microblaze system be the top level, but you will not learn how to do an FPGA without Microblaze.

If you make a component of the Microblaze system, you must disable the generation of I/O-buffers. Those buffers will be created by the FPGA project when you connect signals to physical pins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back