Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transmitted powers in MIMO systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

medototy

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, please I need answer to my equation, I'm work MIMO system Y=H(P^½)X+ N, P: is the power adding to transmitted signals X, I'm ask about the added power(there are two types of power) the first type when add it as P=[p1,p2,p3...], p1>p2>p3... This unequal power where the proportion between the different transmitted powers per symbol of the sub-stream is quantified by using normalized parameters:
PT=number of (p1,p2,p3,..)/∑(p1,p2,p3,..) i.e., p=4/(2.1+1+0.5+0.4)=1
the second type when add the power in this manner like P=[8,4,2,2], p=4/(8+4+2+2)=1/2.
What is the difference between tow types of powers and what is the effect on the MIMO system, if I want to do the detection of this system.

I didn't understand your post. Can you explain it again differently, or if you have a reference of what you are talking about?

What is the effect of the transmit power on detection process(sphere decoder) in MIMO systems, I mean if we transmit with equal power(or with unequal power) for all transmit antennas for MIMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.