Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for humidity sensing program in C for 8051

Status
Not open for further replies.

MARVEL

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
8051(humidity program)

have got a 8051 module. but humidity program(assember or C)haven't got.

8051(humidity program)

what? Humidity sensing is simple, all you need is a humidity sensor/meter, then an ADC and a microcontroller.

Just create a program on reading an ADC be it serial, parallel, I2C or SPI. Calibrate the results to fit on your desired output, convert it to BCD, ASCII or whatever chracter fit for your display, then display into an LCD or an LED.

8051(humidity program)

What he needs is a humidity sensing program, not the sensor it self, so what he needs first is an ADC programming technique.

Re: 8051(humidity program)

On the mentioned above Sensirion web site there is a very good working example code for the humidity and temperature measurement with their SHT11 sensor. Buy the way, this sensor is best, compared with others by my experience. More, thanks to having both temperature and relative humidity sensors on one chip one can have a precise measurement of absolute humidity and even dewpoint. It costs about 17 EUR in small quantities.

Varuzhan

Re: 8051(humidity program)

Hi
What is the most important
Sensiron products are factory calibrated

I'm building a climate control that needs precise humidity readings, so I've done a lot of research about humidity sensors. I have found many information about them, and this is an interesting article for those who need to know more about:
Choosing a Humidity Sensor: A Review of Three Technologies | Sensors Magazine

There is another option (which I'm using), the dry bulb/wet bulb method. You use two temperature sensors in a constant airflow, one of them wetted by a cottom strip. The temperature difference is a parameter that combined with air pressure in a complex formula gives the relative humidity and the dewpoint temperature, an extra parameters that can be useful. This method is complex, not as easy as capacitive sensors, but more precise and isn't affected by condensation like some of the capacitive sensors.
Resistive sensors are also interesting, but not easy to use, since you have to use alternate current to drive them. They also have a limited range of measuring.

I hope this contributes a little to this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.