Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for LM358 replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi,
A problem could be the output high limit using a 5V supply, it is approx 3.8V max.
E

TL271 works well on outputs and inputs to ground but at much lower load currents, so raise all R loads x10. At 5V the output impedance is around 2.5K according to Fig 8.

Thx. Well if i power the op-amp at 5V i will get a max of 3.8V as @esp1 said. I was thinking that the whole circuit will power itself from the input that will be measured ( i need it to check the charging process of 12V batteries ) so how the circuit will have a max of 30V input if i buy an lm358 ( the datasheet says that can be powered up to 32V ) can i directly connect it to the input ? ( how the max input is 30V it will never exceed the 32V max)so i don't need to put an extra 8V regulator only for the op-amp.

Status
Not open for further replies.