Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Created Symbol in Xilinx ISE Schematic editor Error NgdBuild:604

Status
Not open for further replies.

3BABY

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All

would anyone be able to help me out, or point me in the right direction of some documentation for this, i have searched the web and read through xilinx documents but cant seem to find an answer:

i have a project for targer XC9500 series CPLD, has top level shematic and a pin.ucf file. in order not to clutter up my only schematic i opened/created a new .sch file (test1.sch) and built some logic (PISO shift register) in it, named the I/O lines, i have created a symbol (called it "PISO") and attached it to this schematic. everything ok. i have created an library and included this symbol. Now, i have added this symbol "PISO" to my schematic in my project and wired it up:

1.gif

now my Design hierarchy is looking like the below figure:

2.gif

the "orange question mark" means what exactly?

when i go to synthesize the top model i get the error:

3.gif

im obviously missing some step between creating my symbol "PISO" and it being usefull to another project file. could anyone help me out on this? thanks in advance! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back