Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

twisting aluminium problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

J.C.Maxwell

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all.
i have a small piece of 6061 aluminum with 6cm length. i want to twist it by 45 degree.
how can i do it.
this device is an antenna and will be used in 6-18GHz.
i want to know if i can heat this device and rotate it by 45 deg with linear step?
or some other ways to manufacture it.

1.PNG2.PNG

3.PNG4.PNG

You could consider design it splitted into thin laminated pieces so that could be glued one by one.
It would be necessary to design a jig to guide the parts during the assembly.

You could consider design it splitted into thin laminated pieces so that could be glued one by one.
It would be necessary to design a jig to guide the parts during the assembly.

thank you andre.
is it applicable to manufacture it as one part (by wire cutting or Spark) and then heat it and twist by som device?
if yes , is it reasonable to heat and twist such frequency sensitive device ?

thank you

I don´t know what technique is used to manufacture metallic parts having such an intricate geometry to be honest, but the approach that seems more feasible is not to cut a solid piece, but rather to split the original draw into many sheets ( such as sections of a tomography ) and assemble all them stacked, turning a little each plate at the appropriate angle.

In order to provide an anti-aliasing of the inner surface, could finish in nickel or another material suited for this application.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back