Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the function of R5 (3.32K) in below opamp based circuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay1691

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What is function of R5(3.32K) in below opamp based circuit ?

Hi All,

Please find attached schematic.

Here i gave 0-10V analog DC as input. Output is set 3.28V for 10V input.

Here i can't understand exact role of R5(3.32K) in this function.Please help me out.

sch.JPG

Re: What is function of R5(3.32K) in below opamp based circuit ?

It depends on what the circuit drives next. The most likely reason is it's there to isolate the output of the op-amp from a reactive load. If it was left out and a capacitive load or an inductive load was applied it could make the circuit unstable or too much output current might flow. Placing it inside the feedback loop helps to counteract the voltage drop across R5 so the DC stability is maintained.

Brian.

Hi Brian,

Thanks. Yes, It is driving inductive load. So i got your answer. :)
Is that (3.32K) effect to output ? Or i can say that in theoretical calculation of Vout ?

Let's say for non inverting amplifier, Vout = (1+Rf/R1) vin
So what is the value of Rf and R1 in our circuit ?

3.32k resistor will not exist in gain formula. It only limits output current of inverting amplifier. In other words output voltage will be limited to some max value.

Hi Borber,
please help me how to calculate the limited max output voltage when R5(3.32K) exist?
thank you !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back