Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Current Measurement with ACS712-5A Sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

arivalagan13

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
​Hi
I am making an mppt charge controller. I stuck at using the acs712 current sensor. I connected a test load 1kilohm as per the schematics given in this link in https://i0.wp.com/henrysbench.capnfatz.com/wp-conte... 5 mA current is supposed to flow but i get 110 to 140mA in the serial monitor...also am also getting the the same output even if I remove one of the inputs(IP+ or IP-)...and when no current is flowing as per the spec. the output should be 2.5V but it reads 2.35V(I checked the voltage with DMM and it reads 5.01V)...Can anybody tell me where am lost.

Thanks & Regards
M Arivalagan

I used the one mentioned in the first link..Have you seen the link for my wiring? I connected the same way..But faced the above problem...I used the following code to interface with Arduino Uno..

int temp=0;
float sum =0;
float AMPS_SCALE =0;
float amps=0;
void setup()
{

Serial.begin(9600);
}

void loop()
{
for(int i = 0; i < 100; i++) // loop through reading raw adc values 100 number of times
{
temp=analogRead(A1); // read the input pin
sum += temp; // store sum for averaging
delayMicroseconds(50);
}
sum=sum/100; // divide sum by 100 to get average

// Calibration for current

AMPS_SCALE= 0.00488/ 0.185; //5/1024 = 0.00488 // Sensitivity = 185mV
amps = AMPS_SCALE* sum - 13.51; // 2.5/0.185 = 13.51

Serial.print(amps);
Serial.println("A");
delay(500);