Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how implement this switching power converter in MATLAB Simulink?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghasem_008

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi.
I have to simulate a "Non-Linear Carrier (NLC) Controller" in matlab simulink.
in one part of my simulation, I have to simulate a "switching power converter" similar to the attachment.
this converter "gives is(t) current" by using the "c(t) signal as it's driver".
how implement this "switching power converter" in matlab simulink?
c(t) (as input signal) and ideal is(t) (as output signal) waveforms are indicated in attachment.
Untitled.jpg

thanks a lot!

switching power converter

Are you describing a switched-coil converter?

See the thread below. Three basic types are discussed: buck, boost, buck-boost.

In my posts are links to tutorial simulations. These are interactive and animated, using Falstad's Java applet. (Your computer needs to have Java installed.)

https://www.edaboard.com/threads/268178/

I have little knowledge about switching power converters.
I want to simulate above attachment in matlab simulink.
How do i have to it?
Is there anyone who can give me its matlab file?

You could either (1) build your own model in simulink by means of existing blocks or (2) model the circuit by means of differential equations (ODE's).
(1) This would be typically done in the Laplace domain. However, if the power circuit contains many electrical components, this modelling approach becomes tedious.
(2) In this case the circuit is described as a system of linear equations. The equations depend on the states of the switches and diodes in your model, so the ODE's dynamically change during operation. Again the complexity depends on the number of components in the power circuit. Some commercial tools are available (e.g. SimPowerSystems, Sentrix,...) that apply this approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back