Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What are the hot subjects in R&D groups these days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

omid219

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I asked this question from some pepole, their response was wireless sensor network, DVBH & RFID.

I myself think ISSCC or JSCC papers can be a reference that show the road map & technology direction.

What do you think? Is there any website that talk about hot spots & list the projects that R&D groups are working on it?

Regards

well seriously thinking the best and the HOT topic nowadays deal with SIP and SOC

SIP - System in package and SOC - System on Chips

Much awaited is the high speed ASIC design. Altera is going great guns with their latest ASICs design, high density FPGA is also the order of the day.

with regards,

arunragavan said:
@ltera is going great guns with their latest ASICs design,

Altera sell only programmable devices.NO ASICS.

What do you think? Is there any website that talk about hot spots & list the projects that R&D groups are working on it?

I feel wireless signal processing/design have a great potential, all devices in future will be able to wirelessly talk with each other..

Current hot stuff in wirelss are
UWB --> wireless pan,480mbps
3G/4G --> Cell phones.
Zigbee--> low cost wireless .. typical example is zigbee electric bulbs. which can be switched off wirelessly.
WLAN a,b,g-- wireless lan ,54mbps
WLAN e,n --wireless lan ,500mbps
WIMAX.. Wireless broadband..at long distance. 75mbps

please visit US university websites for other research topics

well @ltera doesnt sell ASICs.. i never told they sell..they design ASICs for their customers? so much of difference..ultimatly they do sell their new technology makin their ASICs. *brains*

with regards,

arunragavan said:
well @ltera doesnt sell ASICs.. i never told they sell..they design ASICs for their customers? so much of difference..ultimatly they do sell their new technology makin their ASICs. *brains*

with regards,

I cudnt find from Altera website that (https://www.altera.com/) they have ASIC design services for their customers. AFAIK they dont have it.

They do develop/market some soft IPcores, which are all targeted to Altera FPGAs.

If u r talking about Altera's "structured ASIC" solutions. lemme tell u, structured ASICs are way behind std cell ASICs in power consumption and logic density and max frequency. Also other big players exists in that segment.(eg. LSI logic)
so its not a hot R&D subject in the industry or in Academia.

well SOP and SIP are pretty hot in our univ,.. i agree with spread spectrum and other stuff beign top knotch.. since am more into solid state ckts i feel they are the happenin topics.

with regards,

HDTV - VIDEO Algorithm processing, MPEG2 H.264, vc-1
Network - IPv6 processor
WSN - wireless sensor network

SOC is the hot area currently. LTCC is leading the way

Hot topic for R&D

Wireless Networking for embedded application using

Wi-Fi or Zigbee.

VOIP with SIP protocol

Biometric finger print

yes i agree. I'm working now on the R&D SOC and there are a lot of thing to improve. We are now on the process of CMOS065 nm.

for R&D you will find lots of hot topics..
Nanotechnology is very hot topic and rapid research is ongoing in it.

Also wireless and mobile communication is also a hot topics.

I have been offered a PhD seat for research on low energy protocol design for WSN SoC.

Is this a good area?

Organic Electronics. Nanotechnology is still hot

i feel cdma is going to rule the 4G communication system.. so that is the hot topic now

I think is wireless, digital tv and media.

DSP implementation on FPGA is really hot topic now a days. Like audio/video processing, linearisation methods for mobile communication etc...

two hot topic :
wireless comunication and video compression.

SOC (include DSP, wireless, video and so on) is very hot. Maybe reconfigurable computing system, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back