Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GPRS, TCP/IP by SIM900

Status
Not open for further replies.

abdi110

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,

I could send text SMS by SIM900 successfuly, now I have to send these texts to a remote server by GPRS and not GSM SMS.

The project is to send the data in text strings from an equipment by SIM900 to a remote server in a monitoring site.

In other words we have some SIM900 modules in different locations as clients and one Computer as the Server in a remote monitoring site,

So as I understand from a little study:

1- It is possible to send text via GPRS using TCP/IP; Am I right?

2- If yes, I have to set SIM900 module as a client and send the text to the server (a Computer) which acts as a receiver which collect these data from many clients(SIM900 modules in different locations) as I explaned above;

In this case the server must have a static IP. Am I right again?

3- If yes the server need to have a software to get these data from several clients.

Therefore as I think I need :

A) to establish a GPRS connection on the client(SIM900) side,

B)And then use TCP/IP to transfer the data(text) to the server,

C)And finally I need a software on the server to handle the received data from clients.

Is this solution ok?

If yes please help about
1-setting the server and wether it need to any software
2-and also setting up the SIM900 modules.

.[/U]

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.