Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A variable power sources (like solar panel) component in protein required

Status
Not open for further replies.

mugheesnawaz

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
variable power source (like solar panel) component in proteus required

i want library for a solar panel in proteus or a variable power supply which gives voltage and current variation during simulation.kindly help

Re: variable power source (like solar panel) component in proteus required

A PV panel puts out high A at low V, or low A at high V. It depends on how much you load it.

Example:
0.1 A @ 20V (2W, light load)
4 A @ 0.5 V (2W, heavy load)

Maximum power transfer is at a middle point. Example, 2A @ 12V (24W, medium load).

This is difficult behavior to model in a component. I have not seen a simple circuit which is able to mimic it.

Thanks for the reply,i thought there is some component for it just like i have downloaded microphone's library the other day.
i would be very thankful if you can find a variable power supply for proteus as the one attached (image) proteus_alps_blend.png

would appreciate any reply from others as well :)

To simulate a PV panel, I believe it's okay to use a DC source and a resistor in series.

The scope traces agree pretty much with real tests I did on my PV panels, by attaching different value resistors.

Notice you do not get maximum power at highest V or highest A.
Rather it occurs at a middle point. It is where the load equals the panel's internal resistance. This is the principle of impedance matching.

Thank you so much i am doing what you guided :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back