Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Newbie seeking advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

saleem145

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Here is the application I have in mind --

I want to a have a processor / DSP / microcontroller that is connected to a camera, microphone, speakers and a micro SD card. It should have at least one serial port.

I would like to support the following commands that will be received over the serial port --

1. Record video to file on SD card.
2. Record audio to file on SD card.
3. Play audio from file on SD card.

The video will need to be compressed on the fly and recorded. Frame rate will be 30 fps. I am looking for the simplest solution to this problem in terms of cost and part count. Ideally the final cost should be less than $25.

Are DSPs the way to go?? Which one would you recommend. Please could recommend an evaluation board to get me started.

I have programmed microcontrollers and FPGAs but am new to DSPs. My understanding is microcontrollers will not be able to provide the frame rate for this problem.

Saleem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back