Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Over voltage Protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rujul Desai

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,

I am using varistor for over voltage protection. now i want varistor which is used for 5 sec voltage surge and protect circuit.

please suggest it.

i'd suggest diverting the spike to an aluminum smelter

for that length of time of overvoltage, you should just put in a voltage detector circuit that switches out the overvoltage with a series fet. Best not to try and quench that kind of overvoltage, unless you really want to start smelting as Kam1787 suggests

hi

Thanks for reply.

I want to know , is there any varistor available that use in almost minimum 5 sec handle voltage surge?

Thanks

at what current?
at what voltage?

hi,

voltage is more than 230VAC and upto 264VAC

Current is 10mA

Thanks

I would recommend to check Raychem products, they have many devices for various specifications.

For digital circuitry, there are many recent semiconductor voltage limiters, see Digi-Key catalog.

Status
Not open for further replies.