Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS error: non manifold edges found for box1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonino888

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HFSS

Hi all,
I'm an Italian student trying to use HFSS for the first time to simulate a power divider in stripline.
I created my 3d model and I was trying to validate it but there should be some problems about it; does anybody know what this message "non manifold edges found for box1" means?
Box 1 is my stripline structure obtained joining different objects.

Thank you very much!

Re: HFSS

send your model.
I may check.

I'm uploading my model;

thanks a lot,

Antonio

Added after 18 minutes:

I'm trying to upload my file,

I hope to work it out,

Antonio

hi
now, it does not give any error. however, I am not sure whether this new one is suitable for you.
In your design, box 25 is faulty. I mirrored box 2 and united all.
I guess your design is symmetric.
please inform me.
PS:you have to zip or rar file you want to upload, otherwise, forum does not accept .hfss files.

tonino888

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

Hi haydar,

the model was not simmetric, I mean the mirrored part was a little bit shifted and so the 4 terminations did not overlap the face of the substrate. I only had to change a parameter of the mirror-duplicate action to put it in the right position.
My model is now finally working.

Thanks a lot for helping me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back