Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Learning ORCAD Lite, layout problems....

Status
Not open for further replies.

4Ceesuns

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Greetings, I'm new to this forum but already find it a wealth of knowledge. I'm teaching myself Capture Orcad with the free demo version, Lite. I'm working thru the Mitzner book and in the example laying out a simple op amp circuit, with a 6 pin connector, I cannot place the conn6.

The error I get is "Pin numbers do not match between symbol and component. Run dev_check on device file for more information". I've wracked my brains trying to find Dev Check, redone the project a couple times, when I go to place the connector it shows an image indeed 6 pins (with two mounting holes) but will not place when I release it.

I'm sure some of you guys have seen this, any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
gene

You apparently made something wrong when creating the connector component.

which is what I am attempting to figure out. I did it exactly per the book, rechecked to make sure I selected the correct footprint several times.....I'll rechecked and still cannot find an error in my work. I even created a simple connector only schematic with all the pins grounded. Ran a DRC, no problem, it created a netlist no problem, but again when I attempt to place the part I get the same error. Any other suggestions?

The error message is explicite:
Pin numbers do not match between symbol and component
You have defined pin names in the symbol and you defined a mapping between symbol pins and footprint pins in the component. Apparently both definitions do not match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back