Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Moved] High resolution data samplings using Low data acquisition rates devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

kicom

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
[Moved]High resolution data sampling using Low data aquisition rates devices

Hi

I am currently following a course in RADAR.
I'm wondering how it is possible to achieve such high data acquisition rates by the receiver.
If to send a 1ns pulse the receiver should sample at 10GHz rate(sampled at about 10 times of frequency)
Is it possible to achieve such rates to have a better resolution but with low sampling rates??
I found that equivalent sampling technique is used in some cases.
But i couldn't find any reliable resources in that or other available methods.

Thanks

Re: [Moved]High resolution data sampling using Low data aquisition rates devices

Equivalent-time sampling is only possible for stationary signals. Most radar signal are not stationary because the object or the antenna (or both) are moving. They need realtime sampling methods.

Reactions: kicom

kicom

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: [Moved]High resolution data sampling using Low data aquisition rates devices

Yes that also occurred to me.
But if we use ETS(Equivalent Time Sampling) with a compensation for variation in position we can derive the received signal upto a certain accuracy.Right???
Then what are the methods used in radar to achieve such high rates in data aquisition??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back