Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Moved] Suitable Processor for Automotive Applications

Status
Not open for further replies.

xpreme

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I have two questions which may refer to a single concept finally:
1) Which criteria are considered for choosing a Suitable Processor for Automotive Applications such as RC devices, quad-copters, etc.?

2) As you know, PowerPC architectures such as MPC555 is used in this field. Why MPC555 is usually used in such fields? (like controlling quad-copters, etc.)

Thanks,

Vehicles can develop static charge. For instance, moving through air at high speed.

Engines create ignition noise. This can travel in the wiring, or it can be broadcast as EMI.

Hot and cold extremes.

Possible exposure to sunlight and UV rays.

Possible exposure to engine fluids.

Battery voltage drops when starting engine (8 or 9V is typical).
Voltage may soar when running (14V is typical).

Vehicles can develop static charge. For instance, moving through air at high speed.

Engines create ignition noise. This can travel in the wiring, or it can be broadcast as EMI.

Hot and cold extremes.

Possible exposure to sunlight and UV rays.

Possible exposure to engine fluids.

Battery voltage drops when starting engine (8 or 9V is typical).
Voltage may soar when running (14V is typical).

Thank you for reply. I think the criteria you mentioned are important point and can be used for my investigation. Are there any resources to which I can refer in order to make statements valid and prove them?

Thanks,

No doubt there are design specs for an automotive environment. I don't know of a particular website.

Sorry, I don't know much about your specific question, as to MPC555, etc.

No doubt there are design specs for an automotive environment. I don't know of a particular website.

Sorry, I don't know much about your specific question, as to MPC555, etc.

I really thank you anyway. It helped me.

Status
Not open for further replies.