Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Timing and functional simulation results for a ff with asynch set don't match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kemalkemal

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I'm using Quartus 2 13.1 web edition and modelsim altera starter edition 10.1d. I have a terasic D0 board which i run my codes after simulations. My code is like that
Code:
library ieee;
use ieee.std_logic_1164.all;
entity DD is 
port (clk,X :in std_logic; 
        asyncset : in std_logic; -- D'den gelen out1 sinyali 
        Y:out std_logic);
        end entity DD;
architecture behav of DD is
begin
process(clk,asyncset) begin     
    if asyncset = '1' then
        Y<='1';
        elsif rising_edge (clk) then 
        Y<= not X;
end if;
end process;
end architecture behav;

After functional simulation every thing seems ok but when i execute timing simulation it works completely opposite.
Functional Sim
https://obrazki.elektroda.pl/5436091700_1417085337.jpg
Timing Sim
https://obrazki.elektroda.pl/6451318800_1417085385.jpg

What tools should i use to fix this situation? And any advice for this problem ? Thanks.

The functional simulation itself is incorrect. Y should be delayed by 1 clock compared to X. At the rising edge of clk, when X is sensed as 1, Y should go 0 from that point onwards. Same situation when X is sensed as 0. I hope you are getting it.
Seems to be a delta delay issue. You can resolve it by adding the after clause to Y<=X statement. A delay of 0 would also do. The timing aim looks bizarre. But I better not look at it till you correct the functional case.

Please show the test bench code. It seems that X is generated in a bad way.

It's a delta time issue, I've seen this before in poorly design testbenches that use a bunch of sequentially delayed statements to generate both the clock and the data.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back