Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FT232 do not show USB detection

Status
Not open for further replies.

PA3040

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All,

Connecting pin 6 (-D)and 7(+D)of FT232 chip to usb host, it does not show new hardware found of the PC

Wire connection FT232

pin 6 -D
pin 7 +D
Power
Gnd

Please advice

2014-11-10 19.21.56.jpg

Is this a new design or has the device worked in the past? What OS is running on the PC side?

If it is a counterfeit FT232R it may have been bricked by a recent driver release from FTDI.

Have you downloaded the FTProg Utility from FTDI's website to examine the device, VID and PID?

BigDog

Reactions: PA3040

PA3040

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Is this a new design or has the device worked in the past? What OS is running on the PC side?

If it is a counterfeit FT232R it may have been bricked by a recent driver release from FTDI.

Have you downloaded the FTProg Utility from FTDI's website to examine the device, VID and PID?

BigDog
Dear bigdog Thanks for the reply

This is not a new design
OS is windows 7

Actually I have two device. One has USB connector and it is found new hardware when connect to the PC

2014-11-14 16.52.00.jpg

Other one do not have USB connector and it has simple wire connector ( My first picture ). So I am trying to manually connect it to USB host for testing

Please advice
Thanks in advance

These devices do not like long USB cable lengths anything over a half a meter can be problematical.

I'm also having lot of problem with FT232 USB connection. Signal should be properly shielded. Now I'm using a Chinese version USB to serial converter (CH340G). Its very better then FT232 for Connectivity, cost & package.

In market so many FTDI chip available and also some FTDI chip has a fake . i have a also problem with first time when i use.
but after purchase new FTDI chip with use of some specific dealer and i make it usb detection completely in both windows 7 and xp .
below artical detailed about FTDI real vs fake.
http://zeptobars.ru/en/read/FTDI-FT232RL-real-vs-fake-supereal

These devices do not like long USB cable lengths anything over a half a meter can be problematical.

I tried with half feet cable but no result

Status
Not open for further replies.