Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

cst error:Port "1" is inhomogeneously filled within the first 3 mesh cells.HELP!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sibinikesh

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cst error:port "1" is inhomogeneously filled within the first 3 mesh cells.HELP!!!!

Hi Im new to cst software.im designing coaxial fed bow tie antenna.i got this error"Port "1" is inhomogeneously filled within the first 3 mesh cells".cnt find out the problem.plzz help !!!very urgent..i have attached our cst file.."THNX IN ADVANCE"View attachment Project.zipView attachment Project.zip

Re: cst error:port "1" is inhomogeneously filled within the first 3 mesh cells.HELP!!

I am having the same problem.Members plz advise...My antenna is to be fed from the bottom layer ground, to the patch on the top layer. can someone also give step by step instructions on creating the coaxial port.
And secondly r there any formulas to calculate the precise probe feed point of 50 ohm excitation?

Last edited:

Re: cst error:port "1" is inhomogeneously filled within the first 3 mesh cells.HELP!!

,,, see this ...**broken link removed**

Use "Mesh View" to see the mesh density around your port, you need to increase locally or globally the mesh density. Otherwise you have to change your geometry.
1) Set new mesh density and perform meshing
2) activate mesh view
3) count in all direction your mesh numbers of your port, should at least be three.

@fiwi: Thnx

@johnjoe: I tried exapanding the coax cable to -z and also increased the mesh size, but still same error.

I got the solution. Its not related to mesh cell size. I just increased the coaxial dimensions. I made three cylinders, as shown in the video uploaded by @fiwi.

First cylinder inner is from Zmin=-3 to Zmax=height structure till patch(1.67). Insert the cylinder into patch.
Second cylinder from Zmin=-3 to Zmax=height of substrate (1.6). Add to substrate, if asked.
Thrid cylinder from Zmin=-3 to Zmax=height of ground (0.035). Add ground and third cylinder.

First and third cylinder were PEC while second cylinder was Teflon.

Thats it :)

- - - Updated - - -

@sibinikesh: I removed the error from ur file..Here u go..Just run it.
Do like...Cheers

Attachments

• Project.zip
    639.8 KB · Views: 198

It is related to mesh density because if you would further increase your density, cst can use more than 2 cells in your coax adapter and it would work. But I agree, if you have a strange coax feed, maybe you need a too high density -> simulation time and so on. In this case is your approach ok.

@john joe: Ya, in order to save processing time this method works :)

And one more thing . Do u have any idea on this post;
https://www.edaboard.com/threads/327116/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back