Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] TCL Command to run process "Simulate Behavioral Model"

Status
Not open for further replies.

telangamey_ei

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Guys,

I don't know either if this is very simple question to be put but I stuck at this point.

Kindly, let me know if there is any special command to be used in XILINX ISE to run the process "Simulate Behavioral Model" through TCL Console directly.

I tried with "process run Behavioral Check Syntax -instance <name>" command and this works fine, but when I tried with "process run Simulate Behavioral Model" it doesn't works out. I tried with couple of other options as well but nothing works. My O.S. is Windows 7.

So the answer is "cannot be done"? If so, then that's a bit curious. As an alternate method to find the solution in similar situations, you can press the corresponding button in the GUI and then look in the TCL log to see what command was just executed. Doesn't always work, but it works often enough that it is worth knowing. This has helped me find a tcl command for some gui action plenty of times.

So the answer is "cannot be done"? If so, then that's a bit curious. As an alternate method to find the solution in similar situations, you can press the corresponding button in the GUI and then look in the TCL log to see what command was just executed. Doesn't always work, but it works often enough that it is worth knowing. This has helped me find a tcl command for some gui action plenty of times.

Hi,

I am sorry to have delay in response. First of all thanks for posting your suggestion.

Yes, you are correct "it cannot be done" in current ver. of ISE. Since, it can't be done I have also suggested to add this feature in later ver. of ISE, but since ISE is absolute product, they were no longer going to make any modifications in that. Rather, they are going ahead with VIVADO.

Also, you are right by looking into TCL log we can get the command and even I follow the same steps certain a times to find out the TCL Commands, but in ISE it is not so. It wont show any TCL command when we press button in GUI and try to look into TCL Log or window.

Any other suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back