Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

xilinx ise 9.1i simulation error

Status
Not open for further replies.

mihirengg19

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello guys, im new here.
i have installed xilinx ise9.1i and its giving the following error on simulation(screenie attached)
please help me its urgent

Attachments

• Screenshot (4).png
    Screenshot (4).png
    147.5 KB · Views: 146

Everything is urgent.

1) ise 9.1? You are aware that this is 2014 and we have ISE 14.7 right?
2) type that exact error message (the one in the dialog) in google and you will find the solution. That method often works. google full error msg ==> tada, webpage with solution. Short version: your environment is not correctly configured. Long version: see that page you find with google.

Thank you very much for your reply.
The thing is that in my college lab the version is 9.1. Now I'll check the page and let you know. And there is no option of ise simulator after clicking the targeted device's properties. What should i do?

What should you do?

1) get some coffee.
2) drink coffee. aaaaah, much better.
3) do that google thing I already suggested.

You should add the modelsim binary/executable directory to your path. And no I will not type any more on the subject because see google. :p

Something like this query gives the right hits:

https://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&q=xilinx+add+modelsim+to+path

First three hits I see are all on the correct subject.

mihirengg19

Here is more sound advice....

Don't use variables in your code. You're using a variable for your counter. Not being an expert in VHDL I never use variables except in select cases where I'm just performing some ugly assignment so I can make some following code obvious as to what it does. Depending on how something is coded you may or may not end up with flip-flops.

Personally I never run Modelsim from inside the ISE GUI. ISE is a memory pig. Why eat up memory and slow down the machine that you are trying to run a simulation on. Of course YMMV as I normally run >1 hour simulations on a regular basis.

Thank you all for your replies, im sorry i was discorteous but it was because someone provoked me...

but it was because someone provoked me...
That's because you broke a number of cardinal rules of asking questions on an open forum.
1. Asking a question that could have been found by using a search engine.
2. Saying your question is urgent (implies we are supposed to drop everything to reply to your post).
3. Using ancient tools without explanation of why you are stuck on pre-2000 tools.

You should realize that this board receives these types of questions on a regular basis and those who answer the majority of questions here are very very experienced people and we don't have the patience to babysit posters who aren't willing to do anything to solve their own problems, supply adequate information, or accept advice when given (sometimes completely ignoring advice on purpose...).

You might want to read over this link, which has quite a few great recommendations that work just as well for this forum.
http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Regards

ill tell you one thing you should do,stoop being a ****head for once in your life.

Things to do for today:
- stoop being a four-star head.
- adjust ignore list

Will do! :thumbsup:

ISE *claims*

Your setup is not 'setup' correctly, the shell program is expecting to find an external 'exe' in a specific location, but it is not where it should be.

I was on xilinx website earlier today, and happened to glance at an 'errata' that stated some versions of Xilinx accidentally shipped WITHOUT the correct 'exe' files for simulation.
it specifically related to older versions running on 64 bit windows, seems they only populated the 32 bit directories on some versions of the ISE. ( are you running on 64 bit windows?)

Sorry I don't have more info. my error was different so It was only a casual glance.
Also be aware that whilst you can install older ISE on newer Windows systems, but many times the 'wheels' randomly come off.( random crashes ,missing files,incorrect compile results, bad programming files)

check this out:

http://forums.xilinx.com/xlnx/board/crawl_message?board.id=INSTALLBD&message.id=3886
& this:
http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/18419.html

The plan is clear, old versions of ISE on old versions of the windows OS.

*** This******
Google is your friend "ise 9.1 xilinx vsim"
http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Installation-and-Licensing/Xilinx-9-1I-Ise-Simulator-Problem/td-p/149288

The only other thing I can think about is when I was working on a virtex II design under 9.1,
I think the simulation tools had to be downloaded separately due to the mentor graphics licensing issues, it was like 6 years ago so my memory is flakey…

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back