Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Verilog HDL for clock frequency divider

Status
Not open for further replies.

amerah

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need Verilog HDL to Design a digital component that receives a main clock signal (clk) and generates four other clock signals out of it: clk8, clk16, clk32, and clk64. The frequency of these clocks is the division of the frequency of the original clock by 8, 16, 32, and 64, respectively. The circuit also has an active-low reset signal.
Can anyone help me ???

Hi, there are many ways of implenting it.
One method is - you can use a variable that counts the input signal. For example when that count reaches 2, invert the output..and you are going to get divide by 2 clk...

Hi, there are many ways of implenting it.
One method is - you can use a variable that counts the input signal. For example when that count reaches 2, invert the output..and you are going to get divide by 2 clk...

I know the idea but i want the code for it plz help me
??

If you know the "idea" then open a text editor and start typing the Verilog.

I can hardly believe the sense of entitlement that some posters think they have requesting code from volunteers....
DO YOUR OWN WORK.
Post when you can figure out what is wrong with the work you did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back