Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FPGA, Power Electronics, SMPS, Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varun Chitransh

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
everyone,
Please help me in selecting a suitable FPGA board for designing controller for my '12V-48V Bidirectional DC-DC converter', which one I should prefer 'Spartan 6' or Spartan 3E, or something else for my converter control.

My
requirements are-
1. Inbuilt ADC and DAC,
2. High Speed
3. Easy to operate,
4.Provided with design examples of SMPS controller.

If builtin ADC/DAC is a requirement then by definition "something else".

Besides, you could check freescale for some decidedly non-fpga-but-useful ICs that can be used for this type of thing.

If builtin ADC/DAC is a requirement then by definition "something else".

Besides, you could check freescale for some decidedly non-fpga-but-useful ICs that can be used for this type of thing.

Thanks mrflibble,
I have to design design control scheme for my converter using FPGA, please suggest me suitable FPGA kit (module name).

Varun, I've used a DE0-Nano to built a control system for a AC converter.

It has a Cyclone IV that you can use a NIOS II and you are able to access more than 40 GPIO, LEDs and DIP Switches. I love that board from TERASIC. The price is ~$30-$50.

Status
Not open for further replies.