Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can we define sampling time using Simulink ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arp

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Sampling Time

How can we define sampling time for a discrete time integrator using SIMULINK
Please give me a example for this.
I want a discrete time integrator with a sampling freq of 1MHz how can i design this in a matlab simulink using transfer function [(1/z)/{1-(1/z)}]

thanks in advance!!

Re: Sampling Time

Hi,
you need to set the step variable in the settings as the sampling time interval.
hope this helps
brmadhukar

you should use zero order hold to discretize your system, therefore the sampling time introduce in the transfer function of your system, for an integrator the discretized system with zero order hold is

Ts z^{-1}/(1-z^{-1})

where Ts is the sampling period

mohsenruz said:
you should use zero order hold to discretize your system, therefore the sampling time introduce in the transfer function of your system, for an integrator the discretized system with zero order hold is

Ts z^{-1}/(1-z^{-1})

where Ts is the sampling period

Hi Mohsenruz,

I am using the zero order hold before giving input to the integrator.
i m getting doubt in mentioning the sample time in it.
if i want a 1Mhz sampling then the sampling time that i should mention in it is 0.0000001!!!!!!! am i right!!!!!

If your sampling freq is 1Mhz, so your sampling time is 1e-6, you should use zero order hold after your continuoes signal and then your discrte time integrator.

for example I have simulated following scheme. you can see the result and compare the discrete and continuos integartor waveforms.

I upload the simulink file also.
I hope to be useful

arp

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

Hi Mohsenruz,

Thank you very much
Now i m able to understand this..

arp

Status
Not open for further replies.