Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Finfet bf981 dual gate transistor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arun Maya

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I Am Arun I doing project on low noise amplifier using FINFET that is dual gate transistor. but i need to do it in the netlist using HSpice or any Spice or any Tools even EDA board is possible also i can , so any one please help me guide how a Netlist shuld be created for finfet of any basic circuit.
:sad:
And is that finfet can be used in any without library files if needed means pls help me
Thank You

Since the model of this transistor is unknown, the netlist can not be created.

Reactions: umayia

umayia

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
The BF981 is a Dual gate MOSFET

Have you tried creating the netlist for such ?

Dave

no not yet but i should know weather it is possible to do in Hspice or any software i donno which software would be appt for Finfet.
please help me to knw which software can i use to knw the transistor so that i can connect directly.

Thanking u
ArunMaya

ok Netlist cannot be created means Were and in which software can i find this transistor for exaple we will find mosfet in LT spice like that were i can find it or else ant other solution is their to use finfet in Hspice.

Thanking You
ArunMaya

A dual-gate MOSFET can be modelled in SPICE by two series connected single-gate MOSFETs. All you have to do is to match the parameters to your specific part.

ok can i do this in LT spice by taking 2 transistor and making one transistor of source and drain by grounding or can u explain in details how to do a modell a SPICE by two series connected single-gate MOSFETs.

BF981 is obsolete (1981 year). You can use BF998 instead and it's spice model.

Hi,

Is it what you need? I find some SPICE model of BF981.
(**broken link removed**)

Attachments

• BF981 Model.txt
    718 bytes · Views: 114
sir as you said that their is a wrong in CGB0=14.5N that means what i have to change to get correct output and all are telling we can use in spice model which spice model i can use LT spice or Hspice or pls name the spice model.

sir as you said that their is a wrong in CGB0=14.5N that means what i have to change to get correct output and all are telling we can use in spice model which spice model i can use LT spice or Hspice or pls name the spice model.

Do you have to use this transistor ?? It's too old and it hadn't never a SPICE model at all at that time.

then were can i use this transistor
in frank i want to tell that i am doing project in finfet dual gate transistor i want to know in which software i can do my project and pls provide me a correct guide in which software like Hspice or Lt spice or any spice i possible or i have to do analog connection only. if any possible way is their means pls provide me coding and connection photo copy and all details to my mail id arunmayavan007@gamil.com

There are some errors in that model parameters file.
CGB0=14.5N !! It's not possible..
I agree that the parameter value looks suspicious. Reviewing a SPICE reference however clarifies the point, the Cxx0 parameters have the unit capacitance per m, it's multiplied with the channel width when applied to the simulation.

I don't know what's the design under simulation, but SMD variants of BF981 are still in production.

then were can i use this transistor
in frank i want to tell that i am doing project in finfet dual gate transistor i want to know in which software i can do my project and pls provide me a correct guide in which software like Hspice or Lt spice or any spice i possible or i have to do analog connection only. if any possible way is their means pls provide me coding and connection photo copy and all details to my mail id arunmayavan007@gamil.com
There are tons of "Dual Gate RFMOS" transistors in the market.For instance..
https://www.nxp.com/products/rf/transistors/#products
Select a proper one and find either SPICE model and apply it in your simulator or download Design Kit for ADS,AWR or Nexxim and do your design accurately..
Why you dig a big hole with a small needle ??? Engineering is a bit to find practical solutions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back