Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Latest version of gal22v10

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiraneee227

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am using gal22v10-25lp ic to do logic operations in five-level inverter gating pulse generation. when i run my system gal22v10 ic is getting heated up. is there any ic with higher current ratings than gal22v10. suggest me please.....

Rather unlikely a problem of "current rating".

Classical GALs have some power consumption and are getting warm. If they are really hot (burning your finger) you are propbably abusing the part in some way:
- wrong power supply
- shorting outputs
or the part has been damaged previously

There are recent GAL/PALCE types with "zero power" respectively lower power consumption, e.g. from Lattice.

Rather unlikely a problem of "current rating".

Classical GALs have some power consumption and are getting warm. If they are really hot (burning your finger) you are propbably abusing the part in some way:
- wrong power supply
- shorting outputs
or the part has been damaged previously

There are recent GAL/PALCE types with "zero power" respectively lower power consumption, e.g. from Lattice.

Power supply is connected correctly, no shorting of outputs and when i keep a new ic it is getting heated up within 5 minits and burning out. i have also kept a buffer circuit (WITH 7404 NOT GATE) in between DSP and gal ICs. any suggestion please....

Something is obviously wrong in your circuit. Detail informations required.

Something is obviously wrong in your circuit. Detail informations required.

Sir, in my circuit i am not giving any thing to CLK input (pin number 1). remaining Vcc, GND i am giving. is there any thing problem if i do not give CLK input.

Post the schematic of the relavent portions of the circuit.

Sir, please see the figure attached to this mail. here the sequence of signal flow is from DSP to buffer(7404 not gate) then GAL22V10 then buffer (open collector ic SN5401) then finally inverter gate driver. though i am using two buffers to avoid the loading, it is heating up. previously i did the same without buffers it was heating up the gal ics. to avoide that i am trying with this with buffers even then it is heating the gal ics. any suggestion please.....

Post the schematic of the relavent portions of the circuit.

Attachments

• 20140822_203703.jpg
    20140822_203703.jpg
    694.2 KB · Views: 51

I can see your problem now....

You didn't draw a schematic...

Looks a lot like this power pole...

You probably have something wired wrong, but can't find it, I'm certainly not going to try finding it in a photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back