Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

modelsim and aldec active hdl

Status
Not open for further replies.

rameshrai

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,

when i try to open or edit hdl files in modelsim 10 it automatically opens the aldec active hdl editor

does anybody know how to stop this?

thanks

You have to change the file association for.v, .vhd, and .sv back to modelsim.

thank you,

do you know why I get
# Error: ELAB1_0021: filename.vhd : (lines, 0): Types do not match for port "some_port".

Aldec FAQ says:
If you are receiving this error, please check which standard you are using when compiling your files. If you are using different standards for different files, (e.g. 2002 and 2008) this error can occur. You will need to compile your files using the same standard.

But I don't understand what it means, like i looked for on tool>perferences and it shows VHDL compiler- standard version- VHDL 1076-2002. But this is the setting I am using for compiling all the vhd files in my project. so the possible reason- "different standards for different files" would not apply to me! or is it?

Thanks

are you using a separate component and entity? do the port definitions match between the entity and component?

i have separate entity and using them as component in the bigger one, the port does match, checked many times.

I checked on modelsim se 10 separately and it does not throw this error. i guess its something related to aldec active-dhl, perhaps settings.....

you havent got something like one file using numeric_std and the other one std_logic_arith?

i have these,
use IEEE.STD_LOGIC_ARITH.ALL;
use IEEE.STD_LOGIC_UNSIGNED.ALL;

what I mean is - both numeric_std and std_logic arith define the types unsigned and signed. If you had ports of type signed or unsigned, and one file used std_logic_arith while the other used numeric_std, then you may get a missmatch.

PS. std_logic_arith and std_logic_unsigned are not standard VHDL libraries.

thanks, you are right
i changed from std_logic_arith to numeric_std and solved two port mismatch, however another port is showing mismatch and i am looking at this

i think i can go from here, but thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back