Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TTi PL320T-GP Service Manual or How to Remove GPIB board to allow PSU's to run?

Status
Not open for further replies.

navzptc

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have just purchased in very nice condition 2 x PL320 psu's coupled up to a PL320T-GP GPIB unit.

I do not require the GPIB unit and planned to remove it and just run the psu's on their own, but on disconnecting the cables from the GPIB unit (and leaving in local mode) I get an error message being shown on both voltage readouts :(

There must be a way to run these on their own, and presume it will just be a case of making a few more links on the psu units to work.

Any suggestions or relevant service manuals would be most appreciated.

Andy

Just leave the local/remote switch in the 'local' position and the GPIB port will be disabled. It's CPU talks to the other circuits so if you pull the plugs it thinks a fault has been detected.

I have the manuals for the PL330T-GP which is similar, I'm not sure you can fake the presence of the GPIB board by making links.

Brian.

Just leave the local/remote switch in the 'local' position and the GPIB port will be disabled. It's CPU talks to the other circuits so if you pull the plugs it thinks a fault has been detected.

I have the manuals for the PL330T-GP which is similar, I'm not sure you can fake the presence of the GPIB board by making links.

Brian.

Brian,

Many thanks for your reply - I am trying to totally remove the GPIB interface and join the 2 psu's together, and I think it can be done bearing in mind I think they are all based on the same type chassis.

What I can do next, is pull apart my PL154 and see how that is put together as I want to join that together with one of the PL320's into a dual unit.

If I get any more info, I will post on here, but looking at the 'additional wiring' to the GPIB board I think a lot of it is just sending back reference signals which should be available on the original boards.

Regards,

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.